Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving adventure tapes to disk
I have recently resurrected my TI99/4a after some 30 years, and have now added a new PEB plus disk drive a 32k Mem.  I have started copying my old Basic and XBasic programs to disk but I also have a few adventure tapes which work with the adventure module.  Does anyone know a way of copying these onto disk to save the laborious (and unreliable) process of loading via tape recorder.  I have Xbasic and should soon have the new XB2.7 module, so could utilise assembler if necessary.  Surely someone has already done this ??
Thanks from the UK - are there many TIers still in the UK?
(08-05-2015, 04:39 PM)Musicanic Wrote: I have recently resurrected my TI99/4a after some 30 years, and have now added a new PEB plus disk drive a 32k Mem.  I have started copying my old Basic and XBasic programs to disk but I also have a few adventure tapes which work with the adventure module.  Does anyone know a way of copying these onto disk to save the laborious (and unreliable) process of loading via tape recorder.  I have Xbasic and should soon have the new XB2.7 module, so could utilise assembler if necessary.  Surely someone has already done this ??

Here's a place with a lot of the Scott Adams adventure stuff for the TI available, including a number of third-party adventures.
Enter my mind at your own risk!
(08-06-2015, 07:45 PM)ksarul Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 04:39 PM)Musicanic Wrote: I have recently resurrected my TI99/4a after some 30 years, and have now added a new PEB plus disk drive a 32k Mem.  I have started copying my old Basic and XBasic programs to disk but I also have a few adventure tapes which work with the adventure module.  Does anyone know a way of copying these onto disk to save the laborious (and unreliable) process of loading via tape recorder.  I have Xbasic and should soon have the new XB2.7 module, so could utilise assembler if necessary.  Surely someone has already done this ??

Here's a place with a lot of the Scott Adams adventure stuff for the TI available, including a number of third-party adventures.
No link given Jim.  I have been to ftp.whtech and found some.
(08-07-2015, 06:25 PM)Musicanic Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 07:45 PM)ksarul Wrote:

No link given Jim.  I have been to ftp.whtech and found some.
I usually bury my links in the text. If you clicked on the word "place" in the last message, it would take you straight to the Adventure folder on WHT. There are lots of neat things on WHT--it is a gold mine of interesting TI data and software.
Enter my mind at your own risk!
(08-05-2015, 04:39 PM)Musicanic Wrote: I have recently resurrected my TI99/4a after some 30 years, and comparateur mutuelle chat  have now added a new PEB plus disk drive a 32k Mem.  I have started copying my old Basic and XBasic programs to disk but I also have a few adventure tapes which work with the adventure module.  Does anyone know a way of copying these onto disk to save the laborious (and unreliable) process of loading via tape recorder.  I have Xbasic and should soon have the new XB2.7 module, so could utilise assembler if necessary.  Surely someone has already done this ??

Hello!
I'm a new member and I don't find the rules of the forum!
Thanks!
(03-23-2017, 04:30 AM)lorent014 Wrote: Hello!
I'm a new member and I don't find the rules of the forum!
Thanks!

Hi and welcome!

There are no rules. We're all outlaws!  Big Grin
Just behave like the other members behave, then you are on the right side.  Wink

Cheers,
Dirk