Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rs232 problem..
Hello everyone, i have two rs232 broken.. one is ti and one is Corcomp. All two present equal problem.. when i insert in PE Box the Ti99 light on but go in crash.. no video present.. only light blue color on screen.. I for test i check many component on board and discovered that if i leave IC 74ls125 the TI99 start at working.. (obvious the cards no work). If i understood well seem that the signal extint stop the autostart dsr card on PEbox and crashed all.. any idea for solve this problem??
(04-16-2014, 06:16 AM)astharot Wrote: Hello everyone, i have two rs232 broken.. one is ti and one is Corcomp. All two present equal problem.. when i insert in PE Box the Ti99 light on but go in crash.. no video present.. only light blue color on screen.. I for test i check many component on board and discovered that if i leave IC 74ls125 the TI99 start at working.. (obvious the cards no work). If i understood well seem that the signal extint stop the autostart dsr card on PEbox and crashed all.. any idea for solve this problem??

That's strange that they both fail when their DSR's are accessed.
Do you have any other cards...that work?

Try and find a local fellow Ti'er and test the cards in another pe box.

If you verify these cards are at fault, the first thing I would suggest is to replace the firmware. Remove the old firmware install socket(s) and install new eproms.
(04-16-2014, 10:08 AM)sjt99 Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 06:16 AM)astharot Wrote: Hello everyone, i have two rs232 broken.. one is ti and one is Corcomp. All two present equal problem.. when i insert in PE Box the Ti99 light on but go in crash.. no video present.. only light blue color on screen.. I for test i check many component on board and discovered that if i leave IC 74ls125 the TI99 start at working.. (obvious the cards no work). If i understood well seem that the signal extint stop the autostart dsr card on PEbox and crashed all.. any idea for solve this problem??

That's strange that they both fail when their DSR's are accessed.
Do you have any other cards...that work?

Try and find a local fellow Ti'er and test the cards in another pe box.

If you verify these cards are at fault, the first thing I would suggest is to replace the firmware. Remove the old firmware install socket(s) and install new eproms.

i no know where found the firmware for this board.. an little help? (TI and Corcomp)..
Confirm that this board are fault.. i changed with another ti rs232 and pebox work well.. Possible that tms9902 create the problem??
Thanks
Are you trying both cards in the PEB at the same time? The TI can use two RS232 cards, but one has to be set for RS232/3 and RS232/4. That might make for a conflict and explain the lockup.

Or perhaps both are set that to 3/4 and you are trying to open RS232/1 or RS232/2. I don't think that would lock the TI up, should just give an Open Error.

If these came from the same system originally, might be something happened to it that took them both out of action. Feel for chips that are running unusually warm. You may be able to compare them with the working card with a digital multimeter.
-Ed
(04-18-2014, 01:00 AM)Ed in SoDak Wrote: Are you trying both cards in the PEB at the same time? The TI can use two RS232 cards, but one has to be set for RS232/3 and RS232/4. That might make for a conflict and explain the lockup.

Or perhaps both are set that to 3/4 and you are trying to open RS232/1 or RS232/2. I don't think that would lock the TI up, should just give an Open Error.

If these came from the same system originally, might be something happened to it that took them both out of action. Feel for chips that are running unusually warm. You may be able to compare them with the working card with a digital multimeter.
-Ed

Hello Sodak, i use one rs232 card at time.. i try on PEBOX with no more rs232 board, the fault ras232 crashed how i power on the ti99.. block the autotest card from tms9901 present in ti99 consolle.. i no have a cable for put out the card and test with quiet the electrical signal by oscilloscope or digital multimeter.. here is necessary a real working electrical fix table!! On TI rsr232 i try this experiment.. i upgrade the board using Fred kaal HDX project.. TI99 start ok.. but how i charge the firmware on board go on crash all.. then is fault a IC that work at autostart when power on. You knew this IC i no understant what is.. RS00MMI8249.. seem a custom IC but no know..
Corcomp rs232 is strange.. i discovered that no work if i have corcomp FDC card.
This is PEB configuration:
PE cable Slot 1
TI-RAM 32K Slot 2
Horizon 2000 Slot 3
CC rs232 Slot 7
CC FDC Slot 8
Computer go in crash at power on.
Leave CC FDC at insert TI FDC and computer is working and if i write command OLD RS232 the CC rs232 card light on.. at now seem that CC rs232 and cc fdc have equal address / irq or that go in conflict.. every one have jumper info for cc rs232??
Thanks
Is the OLD RS232 a command for the HDX modification? I don't know anything about that upgrade. Normally on a standard RS232 you have OPEN, INPUT and PRINT commands with additional details required for it to work properly. That is described in detail in the TI manuals.

I know for some cards, you must specify a proper CRU address. Sometimes it must be a specific address, maybe other times it can changed to another valid address that does not conflict with another card at the same CRU address. You may need to do an online search to find copies of the manuals for your CC cards to learn these restrictions, or perhaps someone who is familiar with them can offer better help than I am able to provide.
-Ed
Same problem here ! Computer crashed..