Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably a bad purchase?
(10-02-2017, 08:51 AM)sjt99 Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 09:24 AM)Primpwatcher Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Two of the composite cables came from 8-Bit Classics and both are supposed to work with the 99/4a. One had red/white/yellow and an S-video connector. The other one was red/white only. The converter box I am using is a Blackweb composite/s-video to HDMI converter. The C64, Sega Genesis, Atari 800, and even the Apple IIC work on it. I assumed the 99/4a would as well. I made my own cable from the same website you linked to before I bought other cables. That gave me the same screen as the one I posted. I have even bought one of the cheap vga boxes on ebay. That is why I was thinking maybe it was the 99 that was the problem. But, when I hook it up to my Commodore 1702 monitor, the screen has all kinds of colors but looks like it's having a seizure. I'll get an older tv and see what happens. Any more input would be appreciated. Thanks.

See my earlier post about a TI monitor solution.
You can use a computer monitor with a VGA input using a video convertor.
The convertors were very inexpensive.

The last thing I tried was a cheap rf modulator. It didn't work. So, I just got another 99/4a and it works like a charm. Even came with Munch Man and the cool leather cover. You would think that a brand new computer would work out of the box, but not so in my case. Must have been stored in the wrong temperature environment. Or, it wasn't brand new to begin with. But, I have all the manuals, advertisements, and some cool nostalgia. Not too bad of an ending.

Messages In This Thread
Probably a bad purchase? - by Primpwatcher - 09-08-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: Probably a bad purchase? - by ollopa - 09-20-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: Probably a bad purchase? - by Primpwatcher - 09-21-2017, 09:24 AM
RE: Probably a bad purchase? - by sjt99 - 10-02-2017, 08:51 AM
RE: Probably a bad purchase? - by Primpwatcher - 10-12-2017, 05:55 PM